Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions...

Well, I'm not always a big fan of new year's resolutions for myself, especially since they never seem to last longer than a few days for me. But I think making a resolution filled with fun news and cute baby photos should be an easy one to keep, so I resolve to do more frequent postings on this here blog over the next year. Kyle goes back to work next week, so I will have more down time at home with the lovely Lucy and what better way to spend it than updating the world on her progress?

We've had some ups and downs over the past month or so; she's still fighting reflux really hard and isn't a very easy breastfeeder. But we are quite committed to keeping it up as long as possible, even amidst painful breast infections, spit-up galore, and feeding every 2 hours all night long. On the plus side, she's growing and growing and growing, and spending lots more time smiling and cooing and just generally being a delightful human being. She's quite inquisitive and puts just about everything under the sun into her mouth for further examination. Here's some more recent pics of her highness just being her lovely self. Sorry for the long absence and keep checking in, I will do a better job of documenting all things Lucy!

Snacking on my right fist, a delicious afternoon treat.


Let's see if the left fist tastes better... at least more of it fits in my mouth!


Pre-Christmas dinner (Evan's gourmet prime rib, mmm!) with Aunt Trish and Uncle E


A Christmas lounge in my new bouncy seat - thanks, Gigi!


Fun frolics with Dad - this Christmas thing is pretty exciting!


Happy New Year, everyone. Much love from the cutest baby in the world (in our humble opinion) and her exhausted parents!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I check every few days to see if there are more pictures of lovely Lucia, so your New Year's resolution sounds great to me! Lucy is precious! Thanks for sharing photos and growing-up adventures.